S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared (Secret #2) by L. Marie Adeline

S.E.C.R.E.T. 2 - L. Marie Adeline

I think this will be the last one in this series for me. I just can't get into the storyline. This one begins with the mysterious Dauphine experiencing a Secret fantasy. Then it jumps back in time to the beginning to show how she got into Secret. It was very disjointed and hard to follow the time line. It seemed much more like individual little episodes than a cohesive story.

Dauphine's story was unique though. Her journey through Secret was quite different from Cassie's and ended much differently as well. We have a return "bad guy" and Cassie once again loses her happy ending at the last second. Dauphine has quite the fairy tale happy ending and it was just far to easy to be true and it wasn't satisfying at all.

It was very interesting to see more of the inner workings of this secret club. I got to see a training session with a new guy as well as see how the organization is financed. It's too bad that was the most interesting part - I had really hoped for more out of this one.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2014/09/review-secret-shared-secret2.html