A Knight of the Word by Terry Brooks

A Knight of the Word - Terry Brooks

The second story of John Ross (I feel like I have to call him by his whole name) and Nest is a turning of the tables. This time, John Ross is in trouble and Nest is being sent to help him save himself. John Ross has forsaken the Word and the demons are on the hunt. The biggest downfall of this one? I figured out the demon quite early on, and it really ruined the atmosphere for a lot of the story. I didn't get that OMG "surprise, it's me!" moment I was looking for.

While there are some very exciting moments, overall it seemed to move quite slowly with a lot of random sidetracks. I think they were there to confuse you a little so you couldn't guess who the demon was, but they just seemed a little too obvious. Nest was not decisive enough for my taste. I wanted her to go in and take charge, demanding that John Ross listen to her, but she just wasn't like that.

I can see how this world become the world of Shannara, but I sort of want to get to the point already. These are good, just not something that will ever become a favorite. Maybe I just want my Shannara back already!

Source: http://www.hotofftheshelves.com/2016/06/a-knight-of-word-by-terry-brooks-review.html