Daughter of the Sun by Zoe Kalo

Daughter of the Sun (Cult of the Cat Book 1) - Zoe Kalo

This was an amazing story! I really loved Trinity. Coming from a very sequestered background as an orphan at a nunnery, to a private island where she can do just about anything she wants. It's quite a journey she goes on - and the place and freedom are just the beginning.

I want to go to this island - desparately!!!! Cats are everywhere, and the island takes care of them so well - to the point that dogs are illegal. Can you imagine how many purrs and head butts you could get there? But these aren't just random cats - they are a very important part of the story as we learn the mythology of the cat goddesses of ancient Egypt.

The mythology was beautifully done. Revealed piece by piece as Trinity finds out more about her history and her destiny. Who she really is. Part of the mythology is revealed with one heck of a crazy lady, too. I loved the bad guy, incredibly developed and very scary at the end.

I'm going to have a hard time waiting for book two. While there wasn't a cliffhanger, there is definitely more to come in Trinity's story.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.hotofftheshelves.com/2016/05/daughter-of-sun-by-zoe-kalo-review-tour.html