A Reluctant Queen by Joan Wolf

A Reluctant Queen: The Love Story of Esther - Joan Wolf

I am really loving this series of book about the lives of women from the bible. While I'm sure much of it is dramatized to help fill in the blanks in their stories, the way Joan Wolf brings them to life is amazing. She keeps them true to their story while filling in the little details to really bring them to life.

Ester finds herself in a world completely different from her own when she is offered to King Ahasuerus as a potential bride. She must pretend not to be a Jew in the hopes that he will pick her from his harem filled with beautiful women as a wife. She is shocked to find herself chosen and is conflicted as to what she should do.

There was a very touching and sweet romance in these pages as Esther and Ahasuerus came to know one another. It made Esther's deceit that much more difficult to manage. She also doubts her place in the plan her people have put together. Why would a great king listen to her about matters of any importance? But she is more important than any of them realize, and she is destined to help the Jewish people and save them in many ways.

Ester became a very strong person as the story progressed, and even Ahasuerus was changed as he came to know her. A very moving story that I think anyone can enjoy.

Source: http://www.hotofftheshelves.com/2015/09/a-reluctant-queen-by-joan-wolf-review.html