Lover's Bite by Maggie Shayne

Lover's Bite - Maggie Shayne

Topaz and Jack have a bad history together. He pretty much screwed her over (which you hear more about in the previous book) and now he can't understand why he feels guilty about it. Is he just having a crisis of conscience or has he lost his edge? Topaz is a firm believer of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" and just isn't interested in anything Jack has to say. But he is a persistent vampire.

He joins Topaz on her quest to find out what really happened to her mother. Why is she so interested in this now? I wish I had known. It seemed a little sudden for such a major quest to pop up. The search for her mother was a great mystery with little clues left dangling just out of reach. It leads you on one direction and then another and then BAM!!! super twist!! You won't see it coming - even though I've just told you about it. You won't see it.

I miss the original set of vampires. I understand why Shayne had to move away from them, but I liked them so much more than this group. There are short appearances from one or two on occasion, but it just isn't enough for me. I wish I knew more about what's going on with Reaper as well, he's a very intriguing character, but I think he may be coming up pretty soon in a book just for him.

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2015/06/lovers-bite-by-maggie-shayne-review.html