Freed (Club Sin #4) by Stacey Kennedy

Freed: Club Sin - Stacey Kennedy

This book was not my style for several reasons (even though I still love the series).  It was just too depressing for my taste.  I think Stacey Kennedy hit the nail on the head with the emotional trauma that Mary was going through, but it was just too much on the down side and not enough hopefulness and strength.  There are several scenes where we experience her husband's death with her all over again, and it just made me want to walk away from everything.  In this case, Kennedy's amazing way of conveying emotions might have done more harm than good.

Elliott knows that he wants Mary, but at times it seems like he isn't willing to really go after her.  He keeps leaving the ball in her court, which seems a little counter-intuitive for a Dom.  I wanted to see him work through more of the issues face to face instead of her having to deal with so man on her own.

I really don't want to discourage anyone from reading this story.  It was beautifully told and full of emotions - just not the right ones for me.

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2015/01/review-freed-club-sin-4-by-stacey.html