Mr. Miracle by Debbie Macomber

Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel - Debbie Macomber

Christmas is the perfect setting for guardian angels. Harry Mills is a new one, on his first mission. His cover is that of a literature teacher at a local school where his goal is to "help" Addie. What he's supposed to help her with is a little vague at first, but once we get to know her a little and get to meet Erich - we know just what both of them need.

I loved the character of Harry Mills. Since it's his first time on earth and his first time interacting with humans, he makes some silly mistakes and gets himself in just a bit of trouble now and then. Who knew that emotions could be so strong anyways? These little errors help balance out his perfect in other ways self - he is an angel after all - and made him a delightful character.

Addie and Erich were fun to watch, and you could tell they were meant to be together and help each other from the get go. Their relationship grew very naturally at first and I was loving it. There was one case divine intervention that went a bit overboard for my taste - the kind of intervention that really gets noticed. But no one really seemed to get overly concerned about it and it just seemed a little off compared to the rest of the story.

This was a fun little Christmas read though. It was a great start to the holiday season (a little earlier than I usually like though). It really helped that there were some clever mentions of Dickens' Christmas Carol - actual discussion about the book and its meaning. I love when books talk about books.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2014/10/review-mr-miracle-by-debbie-macomber.html