Flirting With the Competition by Kerri Carpenter

Flirting With The Competition (Entangled Lovestruck) - Kerri Carpenter

Flirting With the Competition put a nice spin on the whole love in an elevator theme. Only this couple aren't exactly happy to be stuck together at first. Jordan and Whitney start their first encounter with each other on very bad feet. Competing for the same job, they spend the first part of their ordeal stuck in an elevator trying to one up each other - assuming they already know everything there is to know about their competition.

As the hours pass and they begin to actually talk to each other - they find out that they do kind of like each other. They open up and tell a surprising amount of personal information for not knowing each other very long - this was a way to let me get to know them better, but seemed a little unrealistic for my tastes. They are both fighting past demons of various sorts, but end up helping each other make some decisions that they didn't even really know they faced yet.

This was a fun little read, but the characters just didn't seem to connect on the level I've grown to expect in a romance. Part of it just seemed to jump forward in what they would do a little too fast.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2014/10/review-flirting-with-competition-by.html