Fates (Fates #1) by Lanie Bross

Fates - Lanie Bross

While Fates got off to a bit of a slow start while it introduced all the characters, it was amazing once it picked up. Using the theory of multiple universes all influencing each other, Lanie Bross was able to create several diverse worlds and outcomes for our characters to explore - even if they didn't actually want to. I really enjoyed how different each world was and watching our characters' reaction to each one of them.

Corinthe is an exiled Fate - she now works on earth to ensure that humans meet the fates the "Unseen Ones" mete out. She has assisted life, love, and even death in hundreds of lives, but her last task leaves her feeling unsure about if it is the right thing to do. All the worlds in existence will be effected by her decision.

Luc was a bit dry as a character for me. He was very focused on getting his sister back, and until the very end he didn't seem to care about much else. While that is a noble goal, I had hoped to see more about his life goals and desires - especially during his internal dialog sections.

This was a very exciting story overall, and I want to read book two to find out what Luc is going to be up to next - and just how he plans to solve his new problem. While the ending is not a cliffhanger, the author made it very obvious that the story will continue.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://hotofftheshelves.blogspot.com/2014/07/review-fates-fates-1-by-lanie-bross.html