Fatal Affair (Fatal #1) by Marie Force

Fatal Affair  - Marie Force

I think I may have found another favorite hero - Nick Cappuano is just an amazing character. When he finds his boss dead (in a particularly nasty fashion - although don't worry - it isn't gruesome) he does what any red-blooded man would do. He gets sick! It was such a human reaction and it set up a book full of very human characters. Characters led by emotion instead of logic at times, characters that were doing their best to do good but not always succeeding, characters with a twisted mind and sense of justice.

The murder seems to have no suspects for a very long time. Then it seems to have too many suspects. I was constantly drawn into each person as they looked into them. Several times I was convinced they had found the guy only to find out otherwise. It wasn't until they very end that I was finally able to put a name to their prime suspect - just a few page before Sam does herself.

It was quite a wild ride - both with the investigation and the romance. Sam and Nick have some baggage that needs to be cleared up, plus the fact that it's unethical for her to get involved with a witness. They surpass these obstacles very nicely and are an amazing couple together. This is a series I'll have to start keeping up with, although since there are eight of them currently it may be awhile before I manage to do that.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2014/05/review-fatal-affair-fatal-1-by-marie.html