The Second Shadow (The Second Sign #2) by Elizabeth Arroyo

The Second Shadow - Elizabeth Arroyo
Book two in The Second Sign series picks up shortly after book one's crazy ending.  There are so many reveals and resolutions that just cause more questions and problems to come up.  Gabby is trying to figure out what she has become and is sent to a new high school for troubled teens.  Of course, Jake turns up there as well.  With a whole new cast of characters, this one made it a little easier to keep them all straight, and not all of them need to be remembered.

The group is sent on a camping trip that turns into a trip to hell with something stalking the campers.  Now I know this sounds like a bad horror flick - but it really isn't.  This is all about Jake and Gabby facing what they have become and trying to decide what they are going to do about it all.  (Although the bugs did seriously creep me out.)  Again we have a lot of information that is wrapped up very well, but somewhat fast at the end.  I had to read it a couple times to make sure I kept it all straight.  This is a fantastic series so far.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://hotofftheshelves.blogspot.com/2014/01/review-second-sign-series-by-elizabeth.html