The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter

The Kept Woman: A Novel - Karin Slaughter
The Kept Woman is the eighth book in what (it appears to be) a very well-written crime/thriller/detective series. I may have to go back and see where it all began (not sure yet), but I'll definitely be watching for what's coming next. As we farther along in the series, there is some catching up to do with relationships and histories of the characters. The author does a pretty good job of keeping you just in the loop without going overboard for people who may have already read the first seven books.

Will Trent has his cliche moments, but he manages to keep himself out of the category with some great personality which is showcased in his interactions with the other members of his team and the people in his life. This personality and history comes to be very important as he begins to investigate the latest murder.

The pieces of this murder weave together in an amazingly intricate way, but manage to not get convoluted or overly complex to the reader (even one who is starting the series in the middle). I loved how all the pieces drifted from place to place until suddenly there was something that resembled a picture in front of you. But it didn't end there. The picture still needed to be developed and Will Trent didn't just jump to a solution.

The best part of this was how each piece of the puzzle was finally discovered by several people. Without the team working together it would have never happened. Trent may be our leading character, but his team of supporting characters are excellent.  A great read for someone looking for more than just another episode of CSI or Law and Order. This takes the whole crime thriller to another level and I loved it!
Source: http://www.hotofftheshelves.com/2016/10/the-kept-woman-by-karin-slaughter.html