Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Lover Awakened - J.R Ward

I loved Zsadist. In all the previous books he is continually portrayed as a hard, mean, almost-evil type of person. But, I wanted him to be something different. And J.R. Ward let him be that something different without actually changing him. (Confusing, I know, but it is what it is.) Zsadists's past has left him beyond scarred - and as you read through his and his brothers memories, you will see exactly why he behaves the way he does. It is the only way he knows to survive.

But when Bella is taken by the Lesser Society, Zsadist is determined to find her and set her free. Not just from them, but from himself. It's one of the most selfless acts I've ever seen in a romance book. Knowing that it will destroy him, he pushes her into the arms of someone he views as "more appropriate" and "worthy" than he is.

A lot of the "action" in this book is within Zsadist and Bella, watching the work through and around their issues and fears was amazing. I think they are going to be one of the strongest couples - at least from what I've seen so far.

There's a lot of tragedy in this book - which really surprised me. I thought for sure it was all going to be a joke - but..... Overall, an amazing story that will hit you right in the heart in so many ways.

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2016/10/lover-awakened-by-jr-ward.html