Fang in the Sass by Milly Taiden

A Fang in the Sass (Sassy Ever After) (Volume 6) - Milly Taiden

This is actually the first in the Sassy Mates series that I've read. I would recommend starting from the beginning, there were a few things I had to catch up on that I assume happened in previous books (I bet they're fantastic). That being said, this was still an amazing romance story that was exciting and hard to put down.

Aria and Trevan have met in a previous story, but they are both experiencing some denial when it comes to their attraction to each other. Partly because they are different species and neither one of them seem to really like the other. But fate has other ideas, because their worlds are about to collide in a spectacular way. And even their past seems to be drawing the together in a strange twisted way.

Aria is wrapped in defending herself to the vampire council for killing a human blood slave trader. But treachery from within her clan has the council believing it to be murder. As she tries to put together the proof to show her actions justified, the whole things keeps getting bigger and bigger. The trade is larger than she ever knew.

There's a few epic fight scenes - which are hard to find in a romance - and they are done just right. Aria is a strong woman, but also realizes that it's OK to rely on friends and allies to help her out, that she can't do it all by herself. This was a very beautiful love story with forgiveness, trust, and respect becoming the backbone of their future.

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2016/09/a-fang-in-sass-by-milly-taiden.html