A Whisper of Desire by Bronwen Evans

A Whisper of Desire - Bronwen Evans

Marisa and Maitland have known each other for years - as the sister to a Libertine Scholar, Marisa has been around the stories and the men themselves for half her life. But, she never expects to find herself waking up in bed next to one of them - naked - and obviously compromised in the eyes of the ton even though nothing happened. But the villainess has struck again, and Maitland and Marisa find themselves wed to save her reputation.This is where I get just a tad tired of the whole style of "she wants love, but he's determined not to." I hope it gets change up a bit more in the future.

Marisa and Maitland are far from an ideal pair. Marisa is determined to find love in marriage and Maitland is determined to avoid it at all costs - he considers passion to be a curse. It may look like the villianess has finally struck a blow to the Libertine Scholars. But Marisa is no coward. She will find a way to bring some passion and romance to her marriage - but when she finally does - well, things get pretty bad.

I just about cried several times in this one. There is tragedy, secrets, and a great loss that Marisa and Maitland will have to overcome before they will ever be happy. This was the most "real" book of the series so far. Things didn't all miraculously become better and all the hurt doesn't just disappear. But because of this, the characters are going to stay with me for a long, long time. I can't wait to see them in future books in the series.

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2016/06/a-whisper-of-desire-by-bronwen-evans.html?platform=hootsuite