Southern Spirits by Angie Fox

Southern Spirits - Angie Fox

This was such a cute story! It was mix of cozy mystery and paranormal romance - so I'll be interested to see if the romance comes up in the rest of the series as well. The two genres were combined beautifully and readers of both will love this story.

Southern girl Verity Long has found herself on the wrong end of her small town's opinion - even though she isn't really the one at fault. It turns out her next best friend is actually a ghost - well, she's in for a lot more than she ever expected. When she sets off on a ghost hunt - not for her ghostly friend, but with his help, she finds out there might still be a shot at love at there for her as well.

Verity was a great character. I loved how she rolled with the punches and somehow managed to take all things in a stride - just like any southern lady - she invites it in and asks if it would like some tea. Nothing ever seems to completely phase her - at least on the outside. Ellis Wyatt is the last person she expects to be spending time with, but she quickly discovers that he's nothing like she expected.

This was very close to a sweet romance, with just enough heat to really appeal to the romance reader. There's lots of lovey moments that are just enhanced by the spooky elements from the mystery. The mystery is a great one as well with a very unexpected villain. The down side was that there was really no way for the reader to predict the bad guy. There's no real evidence until the very last second. But the chase was still a lot of fun.

I hope the next books in the series can pull everything together as beautifully as this book - I loved it.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*