The Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks

The Scions of Shannara - Terry Brooks

The power of the elf stones is still kicking. This time, generations later, it has bestowed the gifts of elf magic on the Shannara descendants. And of course they are once again called on by Allanon (I thought he was long gone) to help save the world from dark magic. This time, they aren't all so eager to jump into the quest.

I love that they have doubts and worry if they are doing the right thing. While they split into three main groups and we only truly see the details of Par and his brother's search for the mythical Sword of Shannara. It was quite an adventure and Terry Brooks has really grown as a write between the original Shannara series and this one. Things are a little less predictable and there are some truly exciting scenes that will have you on the edge of your seat.

But Par's story isn't quite over, the world is not saved by the end of the book. It will continue to be at risk until all three groups have completed their quests (the next two books I'm assuming). I am really looking forward to them.