When a Rake Falls by Sally Orr

When a Rake Falls - Sally Orr

Eve Mountfloy is a great heroine. She is incredibly smart, and loves to learn more about a variety of things. Her expertise is aeronautics and balloon flight experiments. You could practically see her light up every time she got a chance to talk about it.

Lord Boyce Parker was a bit whiny. He was so obsessed with trying to win a contest to prove to his father that he was "something" and it he wouldn't stop talking about it. I'm all for sensitive guys and I love one that isn't afraid to talk about his emotions. Unfortunately, Boyce came across as more childlike than being a sensitive adult male. I really don't know how Eve put up with it.

Their adventure was quite amusing though. Through several accidents during their balloon flight, to interfering relatives and friends, they manage to stick together. I enjoyed see more of the intellectual side of the population and overall enjoyed the story - just didn't particularly care for Boyce.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2015/06/when-rake-falls-by-sally-orr-review.html