The Duke's Disaster by Grace Burrowes

The Duke's Disaster - Grace Burrowes

Lots of good things about The Duke's Disaster.  I enjoyed that it seemed more "real" than some historicals in terms of how marriage worked.  You didn't fall in love and get married - you got married and hoped you liked each other.  Noah and Thea are trying very hard to like each other at the beginning of their marriage, but they got off to a bit of a rocky start.

The are a great match in so many ways, and watching them discover this was a lot of fun. The mystery surrounding Thea's past is a tiny bit too dramatic at times - maybe.  It just seems to never go away even when she tries to tell the secret to Noah. I think I would have preferred one big huge blow out scene where it was revealed instead of the little bickering and sniping that happens throughout the entire story.

The language of the story was also very formal - even when the characters weren't speaking. I actually really enjoyed the formal sounding dialog bewteen Thea and Collins as they layered meaning into their words that were quite funny at times. It was just not quite the type of thing I expected from the rest of the narration and took a little while to get used to.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2015/05/the-dukes-disaster-by-grace-burrowes.html