Jaguar Pride (Heart of the Jaguar #4) by Terry Spear

Jaguar Pride - Terry Spear

This was such a cute story.  I loved the lore of the jaguar shifters and the way Terry Spears was able to make the cubs such a big part of not only the mission, but the romance between Huntley and Melissa.  As JAG Special Forces operatives, Huntley and Melissa are used to running into complicated and difficult situations, but neither expected to be put on cub duty after their parents are nabbed by poachers.  I fell in love with the two little ones.  They had such personality and even though they are only in a short part of the book - their influence lasted through to the very last page.

These cubs helped draw Huntley and Melissa together, but at the same time they were a wake up call to what life for a family in JAG could be like.  This scares Melissa and she dwells on the topic a bit much for my taste, but looking back it wasn't all they long in "real" time in the book.  Huntley and Melissa make an amazing team - both as agents and a couple.

I also fell in love with the jungle scenery.  It was the perfect setting with an element of creepy with all the fog, snakes, and swamps - while still remaining very beautiful.  There is quite a healthy dose of action that was very thrilling to read as the poachers are tracked down and it added a really great feel of momentum to the story.

While this book is part of a series, I read it as a stand-a-lone and it still worked great!

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2015/01/arc-review-jaguar-pride-heart-of-jaguar.html