Witchlight (Magic Born #2) by Sonya Clark

Witchlight (Magic Born) - Sonya Clark

This was a great book two.  I got to see a lot of my favorite people from the first book, and the overall story arc really progressed in a great new way.  As the government begins to try and limit the rights of the Magic Born even further, Elizabeth Marsden does everything she can to stand up for them and prevent the change from happening.  But, her reasons aren't what everyone thinks they are.  As a Magic Born living as a Normal, her lifestyle is in constant jeopardy of being uprooted and seeing her sent to Freak Town.

Vadim is a big secondary character in book one, and I really liked a chance to get to know him better.  I just wish I had liked him a bit more.  He has a really good side to him, but we saw most of it in the first book, and in the second we see other sides, but I didn't always like where it went.  He's a bit of a tortured soul - and those are really hit and miss for me.  I did enjoy a glimpse of his trickster younger self when he magics the Christmas ornaments though.

Elizabeth seemed a bit like a sacrificial lamb at times.  She was an amazing character with some really fantastic motivation behind everything she does.  Watching her cope with her untrained magic was so sad, but it all made sense.  I really loved her, and I didn't quite see what she fell in love with in Vadim.  She is really the center of the story though, so I got to see a lot of her.  I can't wait to see what happens next in the world as the Magic Born become more restless and the Normals become more willing to forgive their past transgressions.  It looks to be very exciting.

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2015/01/review-witchlight-magic-born-2-by-sonya.html