Own the Wind (Chaos #1) by Kristen Ashley

Own the Wind  (Chaos #1) - Kristen Ashley

This was a new type of book for me. I had not read a romance centered around a motorcycle club before. I happy to see that this particular club wasn't into drugs and weapons - but they were still willing to take care of business in their own way. I also know very little about this culture outside of the 4 episodes of Sons of Anarchy I watched one week.

Tabitha is the daughter of the leader of Chaos, which means she's off limits as a girlfriend (or old lady I guess they're called). She wanted to live her own life and maker her own decisions, and she wasn't afraid to step up and just do it. Shy was a very good bad boy. He was tough, took care of business no matter what, and would do anything to protect his own. I really loved both of these characters. While both grew up in the tough life style, they each had a softer side that made them so loveable.

There were two things that made this difficult to read until I was used to it. The first, was the time jumps. The beginning of the story introduces the character's history as a series of short stories almost. Each one divided by a time frame that had passed. Some of these were very very short and the jumping was not something I overly enjoyed. It made me think of watching the beginning of a movie on fast forward to catch up on the highlights. Once I got through that section and realized how much history there was to tell, I also realized that was probably the best way to share their history without a lot of flashbacks or remembering scenes. It just wasn't my favorite part of the book.

The second thing that was hard for me at first was the dialect and lingo the characters used. It seemed to be spot on (using my limited experience), it just took awhile to get used to.

This was a great introduction to the series and the club. I was able to get to know several of the other members through this story and I look forward to getting to know them better in future books.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: http://www.bittenbyromance.com/2014/10/review-own-wind-chaos-1-by-kristen.html